Hello! Thank you for your interest in joining Pima Animal Care Center!!! To get started, become a member of PACC by creating an account and filling out the application that follows. Then you can join one or both of our lifesaving programs to become a Volunteer or a Foster!
1) Please read the next section for Pima Animal Care Center and follow the directions at the bottom of the page.
We look forward to having you join Pima County's largest group of lifesavers!!
Pima Animal Care Center is one of the nation's leading municipal shelters and is committed to providing timely service to residents and compassionate care to animals, while working to support public safety, find homes for homeless animals and educate the community about responsible pet ownership.
Here are some of the ways we approach our mission:
- Protecting public health and safety by enforcing laws and ordinances;
- Responding and investigating complaints of animal abuse and cruelty;
- Providing shelter for abandoned pets, none of which are turned away;
- Working with more than five dozen rescue and animal welfare partners to find loving homes for homeless animals;
- Picking up stray dogs to increase safety for the animals and your neighborhood, while providing an opportunity for lost pets to be reunited with their owners;
- Promoting and supporting low-cost spay/neuter, vaccination and licensing services;
- Encouraging volunteers and donors to assist in our mission.
Pima Animal Care Center is a Division of the Pima County Health Department and is organized into four major sections: Enforcement, Animal Shelter, Licensing and Public Outreach/Education.
Join the largest group of lifesavers in Pima County by volunteering or fostering at PACC!
PACC is committed to nurturing and protecting a culture of inclusivity where all people and pets are treated with kindness, empathy, and respect. We envision an organization where volunteers, fosters, staff, and community stakeholders work side-by-side to improve the lives of companion animals in the community.
Volunteers are integrated throughout the shelter, based on organizational needs and each person’s unique skill set. Written role descriptions, expectations, and training will be provided to support volunteer functions.
Together, we will create a sustainable, high-functioning, transparent organization and a safe, humane community.